Vocational Adjustment Training
Vocational Adjustment Training (VAT) services help a client learn and adjust to the daily workplace routine. Clients will develop the skills necessary to function successfully on the job and in the community. Classes include the following:
- Entering the World of Work - Topics include Work Personality, Work interests, Work Values, and Transferable Skills.
- Soft Skills for Work Success - Topics include Interpersonal Communication, Work Habits and Conduct, Work Ethic, and Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Soft Skills to Pay the Bills - Topics include Communication, Enthusiasm and attitude, Teamwork, Networking, Problem Solving and Critical Thinking, and Professionalism.
- Entering the World of Work - Topics include Health and Safety in a Work Setting, Work Rules and Expectations, Employer Benefits, Payroll and paycheck basics.
- Preparing for a Job Search, Pre-ETS only - Topics include Exploring Jobs with the Occupational Outlook Handbook, Collecting of consumer's employment data, Job Applications, Resumes, Creating an "elevator" speech, Interviews, Written correspondence, and References
- Disability Disclosure Training - Topics include Self-Determination-the BIG Picture (Introduction to the process and value of self-determination), Disclosure-What Is It and Why Is It So Important? (Introduction to the concepts of disclosure), Weighing the Advantages and Disadvantages of Disclosure, Rights and Responsibilities under the Law, Accommodations, Postsecondary Disclosure: Why, When, What, to Whom, and How?, Disclosure on the Job: Why, When, What, to Whom, and How?, Disclosure in Social and Community Setting: Why, When, What, to Whom, and How?
- Money Smart, A financial Education Training - Topics include Banking services, Credit, Checking, How to keep track of money, Saving, Building and Rebuilding credit, Keeping information safe, How credit history affects your future, Credit Cards, Installment loans, and Home leasing and ownership.
Clients will be able to identify and define each topic and how it effects their employment.